- Bilbo awoke, by himself, still on Ravenhill.
- He was found by a searcher, a Man, and apparently hadn’t been found earlier because he had his Ring on.
- Gandalf certainly trusted in his ability to survive. He had been counted among the dead and the Man was on one last search for him.
- The Man was clearly a strong healthy guy, he carried Bilbo, at speed, back down to the camp.
- Early the next day, banner standards were brought up to the Front Gate of Erebor, with both chiefs in attendance.
- Thorin was smug in the surety of Dain’s arrival swinging things in his favour and was displeased to see the Elves still among the Men.