(updated 26 January 2015)
Pages on this blog and what they mean
- Blogger: About me (see “What This Blog Is” section below for details)
Blog tags: used for blog matter tags used in relation to blogging
Master tag: Blogger
Cross-post tags: ifttt-wp (cross-post to wordpress – used for tumblr->wordpress posts), ifttt-tumblr (cross-post to tumblr- used for wordpress->tumblr posts), ifttt-twtwp (cross-post to twitter- used for wordpress->twitter posts), ifttt-twttb (cross-post to twitter- used for tumblr->twitter posts), reblog
- Reader: Meta post for Tolkien book list. There are sub-pages for each book, notated with tags for each book and its chapters
- Imager: Meta post for photography and art used, cited or discussed on this blog.
- Profiler: Meta post for profile/study of Tolkien characters, history, events, timelines, cultures
- Tagger: Master meta post for all Tolkien related tags, categorised by
- Characters, Peoples, and Critters
- Creations, Things, & Inventions
- Events & Periods, Meetings & Councils, Festivals
- Places & Landmarks
- Acronymer: Master list of common Tolkien shorthand and abbreviations on this blog
- Wayfarer: Master list of my Tolkien fan-fiction
- Viewer: Master list of my thoughts on the ME movies
- Muser: Master list of non-Tolkien posts and thoughts
- Connector: Contact form
What This Blog Is
A place to
- house my thoughts and notes on Middle-earth, including the movies, and the resulting obsessions
- collect resources and links out there in the vast profusion of the inter-webs, including fan-art, tolkienite essays and thoughts
- gather my writing attempts, particularly Middle-earth focused fan-fiction
For now, I’m laying the groundwork for my ambling ramblings so there’s not much besides my reading notes. Therefore, all that you probably are interested to see can be found under “Reader“.
Why Middle-earth, And How I Fell Into This World
I am a movie firster, though a life-long sf/fantasy nerd, as in Tolkien, hobbits, elves, have always been in my consciousness. But embarrassingly, I have not read the books until I was given the motivation of my life with the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. Not for want of curiosity. There was circumstance at first, but as I grew up, there were always things to read, and stuff to do. Middle-earth was on my life’s list of to-dos; the movies a momentous job fast-tracking the books to the front of the line and kept them firmly there.
And from there, I ventured some dips into the fan-fiction writing realm. Unfortunately, I put Middle-earth aside a while back to deal with real-life. It was. to put it mildly, rather a bad decision. If I could do it all over, I would not do disconnect so completely ever again.
So here I am, picking up the pieces and hopefully getting back, and staying, on track.
Who is this lurking in the mirk?
I tend to lurk, it’s in my nature, and I am pretty good at self-deprecating humour. “Lurker in the Mirk” began as a lark when I stepped out of the lurkmirk for what I thought was a brief fangirl foray into the forums of an established site. But when it became apparent I’m becoming used to the contact in my furtive ventures, I felt I might as well own it, and so “Lurker” am I.
I am leery of spam, so there will not be any overt details for contacting me. However, you can leave a comment with your contact information, and indicate if you want to have the details edited out (I have set comments management to require approval so your contact information is safe until your comment is approved for publication). I will respond when I can. Or, you can use the form on the “Connector” page to get in touch.